; 'Cause The Skinny Bxtch Said So.: The Oh So Amazing One >>>>>> School.

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Oh So Amazing One >>>>>> School.



I'm not in school today. They can't make me go. I mean honestly, school or living history? It sucks enough that my mother's attempts to get us to DC for tomorrow failed but to be in school and not see the entire event? Pshhhh learning my ass. I love my mother for trying though because I know she wants to be there just as much as I do. Man if only we had a place to stay or if we were caking...::sigh:: next time I guess. I just find it a little horrible that hotels made rooms ridiculously expensive for this date knowing damn well that there is a recession. Hotel rooms costs more than our rent! Smh but enough of this complaining, time to spread some joy. My television has been glued to CNN for 3 days now. Normally I hate CNN but this weekend, they have become my best friend. Non stop Obama coverage, WHAT??? I have officially bonded with CNN. What president do you know of that had a 3 day celebration and had celebs offering to do concerts for free? I don't even remember Bush's inauguration. HELL I didn't care. I have always wanted to be apart of the fight for my people. Ever since elementary school I've found myself daydreaming about being apart of the civil rights movement. I saw myself in my white sweater with a pink skirt, white socks, black mary janes, and my hair in a nice bun walking down the street with a sign or in another scenerio I was in jail cell soaking wet from the fire hose, singing songs of freedom with my fellow protesters. All I know is that some way, some how I wanted to be apart of history and now my dream has come true. The older folks can say "I was here when Dr. Martin Luther King made his famous 'I Have A Dream' speech". Now I can say "I was in my living room, watching Mr. Barack Obama become the 44th president of the United States on my big ole 72 inch HD television" lol. I can't watch history on some dinky little tv, I must see it on the best. It will make me feel as if I was there because I really and truly do wish I was. Just to be in the atmosphere, to breathe the same air, to share the excitement of others. But alas I am here in Brooklyn and I am content because at least I am alive to see this day. Many people have died for this to happen and I am here to see it. I can tell my kids about it, I can tell my grandchildren about the excitement the day after Obama won and watching the inauguration. I remember that night as if it were yesterday. I was IMing people and then I looked up and I saw that Barack's numbers had gone past the winning point. "Oh my God! WE DID IT! WE DID IT! MOMMY! WE WON! OH GOD WE WON!" Yes I lost my voice and yes I danced around the living with my mother and yes we made up a song but it was all for a good reason.We really did do it. We took one large step in racial equality in America. Sure having a black president wouldn't fix everything over night and it surly does not mean that *poof* racism is gone. No no no no we still have to fight but this in itself is a win because many of us thought that this would never happen in our lifetime. I thought I had to wait until I was well into my years to see this happen. I'm not gonna lie, I had no faith in America when it came to race, HELL I still don't but this alone shows me that I can be proud of my country. I am in disbelief. I still can't believe that the 44th president of the United States is going to be Mr. Barack Obama. People are wondering how long the Obama honeymoon will last. It will last forever. I have faitht that Obama will pull this country through the bull that Bush has left us in. Abraham Lincoln was faced with the issue of slavery and division in the U.S and although it had to come to war and we faced many hard years ahead...he pulled through and is considered one of the best presidents ever. Obama will be fine. He has God on his side and everyone is praying for him so matter what at least one prayer will be heard. Enough of my rambling because I know I lost myself somewhere in this post lol. *cue music* "MYYYYYYYY PRESIDENT IS BLACK, MY BANGS ARE BLUE..."

*update* as I sit here on my couch I can say I have changed my mind about wanting to be in DC. There are entirely toooooo many people there and I am not one for crowds especially ones that large. Everyone looks like little colorful beads lol. It's a sea of people, 2 miles to be exact. I am content with my television as long as my president and his fam are doing okay. The daughters looks so cute. Michelle is gorgeous. And Barack is...just amazing in all ways contending. Am I the only one who feels kinda sorry for Bush? And Cheney should have stayed home in that damn wheel chair! Aretha looks awfully nice in grey. And that pastor was gooood.


Welllll I gotta go now, I'm sorta tired of typing....sorta.

No comments:

Post a Comment