; 'Cause The Skinny Bxtch Said So.: Sounds Like Paper 2010

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Sounds Like Paper 2010

If you haven't seen it on the news or in facebook pics, or on youtube, June 15th Drake shut down NYC. No it was not in the way you think. This man's name alone had South Street Seaport looking like a slave ship. Then like Amistad, these people revolted and rioted. I was one of 20,000 people who showed up to Paper Magazine's Sounds Like Paper summer series concert. I attended last year and it went off fine so I thought this year would be just the same. How wrong was I? Slowly but surely, people began coming in droves, some with kids -_- [on shoulders, in strollers, IN THE WOMB!]. Hanson did their sound check, Drake's band did their sound check, and Ninjasonik [We are Sonik-fkn-Ninjas] did theirs. I thought all was well until after Ninjasonik did their sound check. A fight broke out and hundreds of people came towards the main section in front of the stage [where I was]. It only went down from there. About 6 fights broke out causing human waves, bottles were thrown, liquids, dirt, flowers, then chairs. Then there was a rat that decided it wanted to trample through the crowd causing another bum rush. At one point the crowd was swaying side to side and my friend told me that someone had a gun. *side track* WHAT THE HELL DO YOU NEED A GUN AT A FREE CONCERT FOR? MUTHAFCKA DO YOU UNDERSTAND? FREE! AS IN YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PAY! WHY DO ALL OF YOU INSIST ON ACTING LIKE ANIMALS? *side track end* The largest war began when first bottles were thrown, then it turned into liquids, then dirt from Uno's flower pots, then the whole flower pot. By that time I had been pushed so much that I ended up over the barricade and on the stage. Being terrified for my life, I made my way out of South Street Seaport right as the chairs started flying.

Although it was scary, there were some good moments like the idiots who were swinging from the windows at Uno's, some cool people we met, and jammin to the sound checks. OTHER THAN THAT IT WAS MADNESS, STRAIGHT MADNESS! I FELT LIKE I WAS GONNA DIE! The concert would have went off without a hitch had it not been for the plain stupid people who wanted attention and did everything Paper reps asked us not to do, intoxicated people [lots of 4 Loko and weed], the hood children [TOO many were in attendance], and over zealous Drake fans and groupies. Paper should have also had wayyy more security, shouldn't have over publicized the event, should have made it a secret concert [I went to a FREE secret Chris Brown concert 2 years ago], they should have made an announcement that the concert was canceled instead of having people stand there and they should have called the police sooner instead of getting on stage and taking photos of the madness. It was a good thing they canceled it though because people would have died and Drake would have been shoved into the water.

Bad look for NYC, AMAZING look for Wheelchair Jimmy. He mad NYC act a damn fool for damn near 5 hours.

Skinny Bxtch OUT!








1 comment: