; 'Cause The Skinny Bxtch Said So.: Black History Month Is A Serious MUST

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Black History Month Is A Serious MUST



Well on my return from D.C I was greeted with the protest of The New York Post. These fools printed a very much racist cartoon mocking the 200 lbs. monkey attack and Obama & the stimulus bill. I was told that they potrayed Obama as the monkey and from then I knew that it was a definite problem. When I finally saw the cartoon and the sorry ass apology that was released I was outraged. That was the worst apology I have ever encountered in my life. "Sometimes a cartoon is just a cartoon"...no it isn't. Not when a monkey is being used to represent someone and a BLACK person at that, where in America a monkey or ape has been used to describe a black male. Read Native Son, hell look at all the caricatures. "The monkey represented the stimulus bill"...but the cop saying "they are going to have to find someone else to write that stimulus bill" doesn't make it seem as if the monkey was intended to be Obama? Whatever. I don't accept that bullshxt of an excuse. Shxt like this shows that there is still a serious need for Black History month because people do still think in this backwards way even though we have a black president in office. There are towns where people are not getting the most positive picture of black folks and they need black history month to show them that we are more than just a bunch of thugs and whores on BET, MTV, and ,VH1. We need black history month to counter act tom foolery like this. We need black history to reflect on not only the good but the bad that people try to hide. From the golliwogs to the moron rapper who thanks the slave masters for bringing us to America to get this money and ice [yes Soulja Boy I am calling your bitch ass out], we need to counter act those things. For if we do not know our past, how the hell are we going to know our future?




Once again this has been the most uneventful black history month in my opinion and with 6 days left it needs a spark.

No comments:

Post a Comment