; 'Cause The Skinny Bxtch Said So.: Don't Step on My Kicks...

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Don't Step on My Kicks...

It is a known fact that I love sneakers. I am a broke ass sneakerhead and every time I get money you best believe I go and get some kicks. That is why I am on sneaker ban [mother said no more sneakers until college =/ ]. I take great pride in my shoes whether they are sneakers or heels but I dare anyone to step on my sneakers. I don't give a flying phuck who you are, do not step on my shoes [period]. I see that as a sign of disrespect if you do it on purpose. Once someone took it upon his or herself to step on my sneakers after saying "oh them shits is mad old". Okay so I've had the muthafxckers since 9th grade, you've been wearing the same ones since 9th grade so what is your excuse? I keep my kicks clean, no one can ever tell my my sneakers are dirty. My chem teacher in 10th grade even told my mom during parent-teacher conference that she has never seen a student, a female at that, take such pride in her shoes and keeping them clean after seeing me rush into class with paper towel drying my Jordans after some fool decided to splash them with dirt ass water *side eye*. EITHER WAY don't fxcking insult my shoes and then take your nasty little clunky ass pavement stompers and put them on my kicks AFTER I got the suede perfectly clean. My hands balled up into fists, my heart stopped, my temperature rose...I was ready to toss this bitch like a cookie. But the Lord above held me back from Hulk smashing this baboon and I left the situation 'cause it was gonna get ugly on some Do The Right Thing "I'll fxck you up quick two times, who told you to step on my sneakers!?!?" ish. Call me superficial if you want to but everyone has their niche and mine are sneakers =].




Now as I was browsing the Bloomingdales shoe section, I realized that they had the cute Barrett Coach sneakers that everyone has seen and paid $88 dollars for but why didn't they have those other Nike-inspired hood looking Coach sneakers? I think they send those to the black areas because they want to reach out to the "urban youth". It is nice to see them making an effort because there are a couple fashion houses that don't want to have anything to do with us but why couldn't they be in Bloomingdales also? I don't know, maybe I was reading too much into this at the time but it was just a thought. I love Coach Barretts and the pink Nanettes [nike-inspired hood sneakers] are pretty nice I guess. The others however do not tickle my fancy.
The Nanette Sneaker




The Barrett Sneaker

1 comment: