; 'Cause The Skinny Bxtch Said So.: My Idol, My Inspiration, My King, Michael Jackson

Thursday, June 25, 2009

My Idol, My Inspiration, My King, Michael Jackson


If you know me you know that there are only 5 artist who make me live for music: Nirvana, Prince,Chris Brown, Bob Marley, and of course Michael Jackson. Anyone can come to me and say that they are a bigger Michael Jackson fan than I am will get a dirty look. This man, no matter what anyone says, was the greatest man to touch music and dance. He did for black people in music what no one else could. Every dance you do was derived from Michael. Every song you hear was inspired by Michael. No words can explain how I feel. My first cassette tape was Michael Jackson's 'Dangerous'. I remember playing it damn near everyday in that apartment on Winthrop Ave. My friends Kendra and Keturah would be at my house and we would dance our lives away. My mother asked me what I wanted to be when I got older and I said I want to be Michael Jackson. We had a video tape of every single Michael Jackson video and I learned those dances, you best believe I did. You damn skippy I grabbed my crotch and moved my pelvis. Even now, ask anyone, I will do 'Beat It' and 'Thriller' with the drop of a hat. I can't do the moonwalk but damn it I will learn! When anyone said something bad about Michael, you know I defended him to the end. This man is the reason why I love music and dance. No one can say they do not have some type of love for Michael. This hurts my heart and I am holding myself together the best I can but it hurts because Michael was a part of my family. Every family gathering there was Michael blasting. Every show my mother did, her class is singing a Michael song. My mother ruined her mother's wedding gloves trying to moonwalk. She learned those dances and performed them. She had a little red jacket and even to this day people know whenever she says her husband she is talking about Michael.

In closing, we must not mourn Michael's death. We should celebrate his life. Dance for Michael. Sing for Michael. Live for Michael.



^^^ this man right here is a fkn trooper and my new boo.

No comments:

Post a Comment