; 'Cause The Skinny Bxtch Said So.: I've Been Gone For A Minute...

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I've Been Gone For A Minute...

BUT NOW I'M BACK WITH THE JUMPOFF!
With videos though, no fashion stuff until I've had a chance to surf the web. I've been restricted to my blackberry for the past three months. I've finally killed my computer. It legit does not turn on anymore smh. Anywho! Two videos released this week, there are many video releases I did not have a chance to blog about [Telephone and such] but I am here for these. Let's start the show:

1)Unthinkable by Alicia Keys



I applaud this video for soooo many reasons. First, THANK THE LAWD ABOVE that she stopped using the green screen and other bad visual effects. Second, I love the fact that the video matches the song and takes a stab at interracial dating. Finally, I love how smooth the transitions are from era to era. Bravo Miss Keys and thank you for the amazing video. I got chills when the black guy asked her if he wasn't good enough. I feel like this video can produce an amazing discussion on interracial dating.

2) Find Your Love by Drake



I love that Drake aka Wheelchair Jimmy is singing!!!! The lyrics are cute and I love the beat although it is very 808s & Heartbreak [which is fitting seeing as the song is produced by my homie in my head Kanyeezy!] I'm actually looking forward to hearing this song at a party because it is very danceable lol. Plus Drake is looking a lil sexy in the video but I have one question: why doesn't he take off his shirt? I mean I know I shouldn't be looking for just that but damn it if he still looks like he did on Degrassi I can dig it. Shoo lawd knows I had it all planned for me to be with Jimmy but that is a story for another time lol. The plot of the video is cool as well, like Alicia's it matches the song [maybe a little more literally with the whole summer boo thing right?]. Shout out to Drake for heading to Jamaica for the vid and for the Movado cameo [mi dey ya pon di Gully sideeeee]!!!! However I did not understand one bit of what Movado was saying and I'm from the Caribbean. I can't with them. And why Movado look so rough? Another thing is that I wish that the female wasn't so sexy all the time. I know she has a nice ass and whatever but hey. I was tight when he got shot at the end though because it reminded me of Degrassi lol. That is all. But in all seriousness Aubrey Drake Graham can get the busi straight.

Peace for now =)
School is over.
I have prom on the 26th.
I graduate on June 9th.
I'm searching for an internship.
And I'm going to spend the next four years of my life in Cali.

Later days peeps

Slim the Skinny Bxtch OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment