; 'Cause The Skinny Bxtch Said So.: It's That Time Of The Year Again! -_-

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

It's That Time Of The Year Again! -_-

September is here [oh joy] and it is officially 8 days until school starts. I was all gung ho and ready to go until today. I could not wait for the college process until now. To be honest, I am scared out my ass. I have a fear of rejection [if you people haven't noticed, I have a lot of fears] so this whole receiving a small envelope in the mail thing is not sitting right with me. My fear of rejection goes beyond college letters [I don't even IM people first =/] but this is most important to me. I'm not used to getting the school I want because they always wait list me -_- but in the end I find my perfect fit so I know not to have my heart set on one specific college. What I am scared of is ending up at some hole in the wall college or not getting into college at all! They say there is a college for everyone yadda yadda but I am petrified. Everyone I know has gone to some of the top colleges and universities in the United States and I don't want to be that one who doesn't. I have no clue why I feel like it will be me but I have that inkling. I know I have the interview in the bag, college essays with some tweaking I have in a sack, my resume is pretty darn poppin and my SAT scores are coming up [in my defense I woke up 10 minutes before it started and I had to run around the corner in my pajamas]. My grades, however, are pretty proper. As and Bs...one C here...a fcking F there thanks to french. I blame my school for this because it could have been avoided. They took everyone out of that class but left me in there. 'Oh we believe in you!' Believe in me my ass! Smh muhhfckers I swear. Freshman year is perfect, sophmore was good...except that F, and junior year was pretty but could have been so much more amazing had it not been for an on going family issue that got in the way repeatedly. Anyway the main objective of this post was not to babble and complain but to make another checklist. I made my first one during junior year in one of my first posts and as I recall I sorta followed it. Well here is my senior year checklist!

1) All work, some play. First semester of senior year is your last chance to show colleges what you can do and that you will be a great addition to their institution academically. I will be working my butt off no doubt but there will be some play but not a lot. No parties, just chill with the mains, a bit of shopping, and my extra curriculars. SATs and ACTs will be even more amazing and I promise to be on point in every aspect of my life.

2) Time is on my side. Between school work, senate, and dance team, I have no clue on how I am going to distribute my time especially when I plan on getting a job and going back to dance school. I am usually good at time management so I think I will be fine if I make a schedule for myself.

3) Clock work. As I've mentioned many times, a JOB is a must. Not only will it benefit me and my fam but it will help me with financial aid and save me from ending up a starvin' marvin in college.

4) Network. I've been doing well in that department but I am taking it up a notch this year. I'm gonna network like my name is facebook [ew lame ass analogy but its okay]. Next stop world domination! Just Kidding...or not *sus face*

5) Focus. The bottom line of this all is to keep focus. I need to ignore all things that will tempt me to stray from my yellow brick road. No more worrying about foolish males, there are smarter, better looking, and taller ones in college lol. My life was consumed by in school and out of school drama so I'm gonna do it like Mary and declare no more drama in my life! I can go on forever but staying focused is the main goal.

Well so far that is all for my senior year checklist. I might add more if any point do come to mind. Everyone says I'll be fine because my grades aren't horrid [although in my mind they are] and I have my head on my shoulders but I feel the opposite =/. Anyway wish me luck this year because I promise you I will make tails spin. Smh @ my insecure to confident flips.

Slim is going back to "work" also known as trolling the internet for something to blog about.

No comments:

Post a Comment