; 'Cause The Skinny Bxtch Said So.: Let's Play This Game...

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Let's Play This Game...



I usually play this game with Roofie when I spot something that I know is far from the truth, makes me think, or is severely disturbing or wrong. This game is called Ponder. I would like for you guys to ponder with me if you will. Here, my friends, is a Dee & Ricky Cigarette Brooch. Cute eh? Yes, Yes it is. I'm all for supporting the arts and the creativity of my fellow black folk BUT! When I can go onto lego.com and buy these pieces my and construct them my damn self...wtf am I gonna pay $20 for this? Not saying this is in a bad way because these dudes are smart as hell. Order legos from lego.com in bulk for about $10 bucks [because these things are from .05 cents to 10 cents each], construct a bunch of hearts, ducks, and cigarettes and then proceed to charge people $75-$100 for a brooch or belt. Now that right there is entrepreneurship. Like who thinks to create belts, ties, & brooches with legos? Surely not I [I never owned my own legos except those big girly pastel ones]. And a cigarette made from legos? I think the idea is sick because once again I never thought of it. Hell I'd like to have one. I commend these guys whole heartedly but I will not be duped into this. My aunt has a glue gun and pin backs...I can make of these myself. These have been on sale for a month now by the way, I just happened to go onto hypebeast.com today and their blog was on the side with someone wearing the brooch. So kiddies I ask you to ponder this, would you pay $20 for this brooch or a $1.00 plus a very small fee [if any] of shipping and handling for the lego pieces to construct on your own? No hate at all, just meaning I have common sense.


No comments:

Post a Comment